The Henry’s Fork Foundation will be hosting a very special presentation at Highland Brewery April 16th, 2014 at 6pm. Free admission. Come learn about this amazing non-profit organization and the work they have done to restore and protect the famed Henry’s Fork River in Idaho.
- Video Presentation of “30 Years on the Fork”, Henry’s Fork Foundation’s 30th Anniversary video as well as a few other short videos
- Presentation on the Henry’s Fork Foundation and its work by HFF Executive Director Brandon Hoffner
WHO THEY ARE
The Henry’s Fork Foundation is located in Ashton, Idaho and is the only organization whose sole purpose is to conserve, protect, and restore the unique fisheries, wildlife, and aesthetic qualities of the Henry’s Fork and its watershed.
WHAT THEY DO?
- Improve angler access to the Henry’s Fork through collaboration with public agencies and private landowners.
- Secure higher stream flows at critical times for juvenile trout through a collaborative process that serves as a model for watershed management. Higher stream flows have doubled the trout population below Island Park Dam.
- Lead and/or contribute to fisheries research projects throughout the entire Henry’s Fork watershed with the aim of improving fisheries and angling experience.
- Improve river habitat by removing barriers to fish passage.
- Protect the watershed by advocating for good land use planning and working with partners to prevent the spread of invasive species.
- Educate the next generation of conservationists through Trout in the Classroom, student field days and student internships.