It’s curious how trout as a gamefish species are one of the most popular for anglers to target, and yet at the same time are incredibly misunderstood. This is especially true when it comes to the history of trout fishing in Western North Carolina, which is as complex...
Folks, we took 'our' shocker out for a live run on Twenty Mile Creek this week and it performed very well. I had the young man who used it pose for the attached pictures. He is from eastern NC and a 'seasonal intern' with NPS named Darian "Country" Walker. Matt and...
There is in the very haunts of the brook trout a suggestion of where it gets its vigor and wariness: the cold, clear streams where the water is pure; brooks that wind in and out over rocky and pebbly beds, here shaded by trees and there dashing through the open–it makes us feel vigorous even to think of such streams.
Officers & Board Members
- Neal Labrie, President
- Ron Bradford, Vice President
- Cliff Albertson, Treasurer
- Jeffrey Skolnick, Secretary
- Jay Hawthorne, Conservation Chair
- John Miko, Past President
- Jamey Grant, Communications
- Bruce Johnson, Fund Raising
- Andrew Kabel , Trout in the Classroom
- Kip Pritchard, Events and Meetings