● Tie some flies!
● Help some deserving programs!
● Win some prizes!
Date: Event runs from September 12th – December 12th
Mission: Tie and donate flies to local nonprofits that “help people through fishing”
(Examples: Casting Carolinas, Mended, others TBD depending on number of flies tied).
Improve our fly tying skills and have some fun!!
● Flies should be appropriate for fishing WNC DH waters and Lake Logan. (These
groups have plenty of old, non appropriate flies that have been donated)
● For every dozen (12) designated flies submitted, you will receive 1 ticket that gives
you 1 chance at the December 12th prize drawing. So, the more you submit, the
more chances you have to win!!
● For you non-tying types, we are more than welcome to take donations of newly
purchased flies that are on the list. For each six (6) donated, you will receive 1
● Please label your flies submitted with the name of the fly and hook size.
Goal: We have busted through our original 300 Fly Goal and are already at almost 600 flies. Keep Up the good work and lets see how close we can get to 1000 by December.
Here is their “Wish List”:
These four patterns are higher priority patterns now and we need to get more of these if possible. We have included links to videos on how to tie for those interested.
Yellow Stimulators 14-16 [Click HERE for how to video]
Prince Nymphs 12-18 [Click HERE for video]
Copper John 14-16 [Click HERE for video]
Parachute Adams 12-14 [Click HERE for video]
Foam ants 12-16
Elk Hair Caddis (Tan, Yellow, Peacock) 12-16
Egg Patterns (Pink, Yellow, Orange) 14-16
Soft Hackles (Yellow, Green) 12-14
San Juan Worms OR Squirmies (Purple, Red, Pink and Green) 12-16
Pheasant tails 12-18
Midges (Black, Red, Purple) 16-18
Wooly Buggers (Black, Green)
Pat’s Rubber Legs (Black, Brown, Variegated)
So, Get Tying!!
Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve.
You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
Officers & Board Members
- Neal Labrie, President
- Ron Bradford, Vice President
- Cliff Albertson, Treasurer
- Jeffrey Skolnick, Secretary
- Jay Hawthorne, Conservation Chair
- John Miko, Past President
- Jamey Grant, Communications
- Bruce Johnson, Fund Raising
- Andrew Kabel , Trout in the Classroom
- Kip Pritchard, Events and Meetings